"If you're a fan of Big Star, try this fragile, very pretty song from Rooney guitarist Taylor Lock, which is forlorn and heartbreaking and uplifting at the same time in a way that reminds us a bit of Elliott Smith or Ben Folds or Michael Penn or another one of those American songwriters. We've heard the album of the same name, which is excellent and rather more upbeat." - Classic Rock Magazine
The Lost Brothers have announced that they'll be taking they're new album - New Songs of Dawn and Dust - on tour in the US next month, supporting legendary fellow Irish musician Glen Hansard (The Frames).
- Feb 2 - Birmingham, AL Iron City Theatre
- Feb 3 - New Orleans, LA Civic Theatre
- Feb 5 - Ponte Vedra, FL Ponte Verde Music Hall
- Feb 6 - Orlando, FL The Social
- Feb 8 - Charleston, SC Charleston Music Hall
- Feb 9 - Charlotte, NC The Knight Theatre
- Feb 10 - Washington, DC The Lincoln Theatre
- Feb 12 - Cleveland, OH Trinity Cathedral
- Feb 13 - Bloomington, IN Burkick Theatre
- Feb 14 - Milwaukee, WI The Pabst Theatre
New Songs of Dawn and Dust is out now on Lojinx CD, digital and heavyweight vinyl LP.
Following the understated infectiousness of 21+ and title track Afraid of Ghosts, Butch delved into deeper and grittier territory with his sultry single “Bed On Fire,” recently shared online. Now, he unleashes the song’s spellbinding visual companion, filmed in Joshua Tree, California, and directed by Magdalena Wosinska and Snake. Their “Bed On Fire” mini-film has a woozy, dreamlike feel whose narrative staggers from biker gangs in sprawling desert vistas to corpse-painted attackers at a party. The visual metaphors serve to transform the track from siren song to murder ballad, albeit one in which the corpse-bride exacts her bloody revenge. This cinematic, warped Western that stars three generations of Walker men – Butch, his father “Big Butch” (snapshot in the truck), and his son Jamie Blue – is not to be missed.
Butch said of the video, "It's a wild ride so buckle up. Hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoyed making it. Enjoy the madness."
Afraid of Ghosts was produced by recent fellow GRAMMY nominee Ryan Adams at his PAX AM Studios in LA along with friends & special guests including Bob Mould and Johnny Depp. The album is available to preorder now and iTunes includes 4 instant-grat tracks. With his remarkably diverse resume that includes everything from guitar god to GRAMMY and CMA nominated producer, Walker’s new LP shows both skill and tenderness.
Hannah Schneider's new album Red Lines is out! The stunning video for Dreaming Kind was recently premiered at Clash Magazine who described Hannah as "a provocative, pioneering artist" and "acoustic lilt is matched to a searingly modernist approach".
The Lost Brothers' new album New Songs Of Dawn And Dust has been premiered over at Clash Music.
"Sharing a folk influence, the duo's stark, often quite vividly emotional songwriting has turned them into critical favourites in their native land."
Recorded and mixed in just seven days at Parr Street Studios, New Songs Of Dawn And Dust produced by Bill Ryder-Jones (The Coral) and will be released on CD, digital and LP on 22nd September. PRE-ORDER IT HERE
El May will be touring the UK in September as support for The Pierces on the following dates:
- 16th Sept - The Queen’s Hall, Edinburgh
- 17th Sept - Sage 2, Gateshead
- 18th Sept - Le Pub, Newport (solo headline)
- 19th Sept - Trinity Centre, Bristol
- 20th Sept - The Leadmill, Sheffield
- 21st Sept - Academy 2, Manchester
- 23rd Sept - O2 Shepherds Bush Empire, London
- 24th Sept - Glee Club, Birmingham
- 25th Sept - Cambridge Junction
- 27th Sept - Academy 2, Liverpool
- 28th Sept - The Rescue Rooms, Nottingham
- 30th Sept - Green Note Basement, London (solo headline)
Look out for additional updates on solo UK shows!