The first single from Graham Gouldman’s new album, Modesty Forbids, is out now. “All Around The World” is one of eleven tracks from the album that’s now available for pre-order on LP, CD and digital with instant grat download of the single.
With Graham’s 10cc tours enjoying ever-increasing success around the world in recent years, in 2018 he was invited by former Beatles’ drummer Ringo Starr to join his All Starr Band for tours of Europe and the USA, during which the band played three 10cc songs, elevating Graham’s profile yet further.
That relationship continues, with Ringo making a very special guest appearance on Modesty Forbids. Graham said, “Playing with Ringo Starr and The All Starr Band was absolutely brilliant, and having Ringo play drums on one of my new album’s songs was the icing on the cake. In it, I write about how I came to be asked to join Ringo’s band and about my experience of being on the road with him, alongside Steve Lukather, Colin Hay, Gregg Rolie, Warren Ham and Gregg Bissonette, who also plays drums on three of the album’s tracks.”
Graham said, “I can’t begin to tell you what a pleasure it was making Modesty Forbids and to be able to work with so many fine musicians. When listening back to the album I realise that there are two recurring themes. One is about climate change awareness and the other is a call for ‘peace and love’. These two subjects may be clichés, but I don’t care – as long as we take action on the first and practice the second we’ll all be ok.”
Pre-order Modesty Forbids here, or at you local record store.
In addition to global dates with 10cc, Graham will be touring the UK in March:
- 19 Mar Gateshead Sage 2 [tickets]
- 20 Mar Aberdeen The Tivoli Theatre [tickets]
- 21 Mar Edinburgh Pleasance Theatre [tickets]
- 22 Mar Glasgow St Luke’s [tickets]
- 24 Mar Solihull The Core Theatre [tickets]
- 25 Mar Leeds City Varieties [tickets]
- 26 Mar London Union Chapel [tickets]
- 27 Mar Brighton St George’s [tickets]
- 29 Mar Colwyn Theatr Colwyn [tickets]
- 30 Mar Liverpool Epstein Theatre [tickets]
- 1 Apr Wavendon The Stables [tickets]
- 2 Apr Manchester RNCM [tickets]
- 3 Apr Bristol St George’s [tickets]
- 4 Apr Cardiff The Gate [tickets]
Tickets available now from all venues and ticket agencies.