beautifully crafted songs, sung with feeling and subtlety and with lyrics full of honesty
Here’s is a new Lost Brothers video for “Can I Stay With You” video filmed on the road this year, created by Casey McBride.
So, an unexpected fact about my late Father, Butch Walker, Sr… His favorite song was “The Rose”, a song made popular by the great Bette Midler. My Dad loved it so much, he wrote the words into his eulogy and the words were recited at his funeral service. This song always holds a special place in my heart, because it did in his… My friends The Dove and the Wolf have been singing it with me on tour and we couldn’t wait to record it. We pulled into Appleton, WI on Memorial Day to grill burgers and sing tunes with my fellow brother in song Corey Chisel at his beautiful sanctuary called The Refuge. This is the 2nd of 2 takes we did. Hope you like it.
The Lost Brothers have announced a run of summer tour dates that include the legendary Glastonbury Festival, The Secret Garden Party and a headline festival warm-up show at The Islington, London.
- June 13. Doolin Folk Festival, IE
- June 21. Derry, Music City Festival, UK
- June 24. The Islington, London, UK
- June 27. Glastonbury Festival (Acoustic Stage), UK
- July 11. Aras Eanna, Aran Islands, IE
- July 14. Roisin Dubh, Galway Arts Festival, IE
- July 19. Summertyne Festival, Gateshead, UK
- July 23. Secret Garden Party, UK
- July 24. Deershed Festival, Thirsk, UK
- July 25. Killarney Folk Festival, IE
- July 26. Boyle Arts Festival, IE
- Sept 4. Moseley Folk Festival, Birmingham, UK
- Sept 18. Shorelines Arts Festival, Portumna, IE
A Q&A with John Linnell and John Flansburgh at Twilio’s Signal conference last week.
Danish musician Hannah Schneider is bringing her dreamy electro-infused singer/songriter sound to the UK for a run of dates in June. Following her debut UK album release of “Red Lines” on British indie Lojinx (on Mermaid/Sony in Denmark) Hannah will be bringing her epic one-woman show to the UK for only the second time. Performing all instrumentation herself whilst looping and singing infectious hooks and harmonies, audiences can’t fail to be impressed.
“a provocative, pioneering artist” – Clash Magazine
“We simply love this woman and will shout over the rooftops about her dreamy electro-pop sound” – Never Enough Notes
“flourishes of minimalist electronica and gorgeous melodies” – The 405
“100 Artists You Must Hear In 2015” – Planet Stereo
Schneider creates melancholic and playful pop, crafted with a love for the singer/songwriter tradition and a fascination with electronic sounds and samples. Inspired by her environment – the sounds surrounding her – Hannah incorporates a diversity of instrumentation and timbre that adds a unique dimension to the expertly constructed pop tunes. Her music is imbued with themes of melancholia and loneliness that are conveyed with an engaging charisma in her voice, instrumentation and expert arrangements.
- 04 June 2015 The Lighthouse, Deal (w/She And The Junkies)
- 05 June 2015 Bar 42, Worthing (w/She And The Junkies)
- 06 June 2015 The Golden Fleece, Nottingham (w/She And The Junkies)
- 09 June 2015 Red Lion, Bristol (w/She And The Junkies)
- 11 June 2015 St Pancras Old Church, London (w/Jingo)